Apple Butter Snickerdoodle Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar
- 3/4 cup apple butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Continue mixing and add in salt, baking soda and cinnamon until mixed in evenly.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour slowly until dough comes together.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of dough. Press remaining dough into the prepared pan. Dough will be sticky. Spread evenly with 3/4 cup apple butter.
- Drop remaining dough using a teaspoon evenly over apple butter. It won’t cover it completely.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are set and center is just slightly loose.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Store bars at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.