Apple Cider Cookies
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons instant apple cider mix, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Gold n Natural Turbinado
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, apple pie spice, salt, and one tablespoon instant apple cider mix.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and one cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add apple cider, molasses, egg, and vanilla extract, beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup sugar, two tablespoons instant apple cider mix and turbinado.
- Scoop cookie dough with a medium-sized cookie scoop and place directly on prepared baking sheet. Leave room for spreading. This will be a softer dough, so a cookie scoop is a must. Sprinkle tops generously with sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments