Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 (.74 oz) packet spiced apple cider drink mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift together flour, apple cider drink mix, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add to creamed butter and mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine second measure of granulated sugar and apple pie spice.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls, about 1-inch in size. Roll balls in apple spice sugar mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let rest on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Terri Truscello Miller from @LoveandConfections.