Apple Cinnamon Butter Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup apple sauce, homemade or store bought
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 2 cupcake or muffin tins with 18 paper cups and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir in oats and set aside.
- Melt butter. In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk melted butter and eggs together. Add vanilla, brown sugar, and apple sauce and whisk smooth.
- Peel apples and cut in 4 wedges. Remove core and cut each wedge lengthwise in 4. Cut crosswise in 8 pieces to obtain small apple pieces. Add to wet ingredients.
- In one step add dry ingredients and using a rubber spatula mix briefly. The batter should look insufficiently mixed. Over mixing will make muffins rubbery.
- Scoop into muffin pans and sprinkle with additional oats if desired. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on the surface.
- Place in oven. Bake until center of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 20-23 minutes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
These muffins are lightly sweetened, but if you prefer a sweeter muffin add an extra 1/4 cup brown sugar.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments