Apple Cinnamon Quesadillas
- Turn on broiler.
- Mix cream cheese with 2 tablespoons sugar, once mixed add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and set aside.
- Mix 2 tablespoon sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and set aside.
- Peel apples, cut in 4 wedges and remove core. Cut crosswise each wedge in 5-6 slices.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter and 4 tablespoons sugar in a medium sauté pan and stir over medium heat until melted. Add apples and stir until apples are al dente, about 4-5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and a 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Keep in the warm pan.
- Place 2 tortillas on a cookie sheet and place not too close under the broiler. Keep an eye on it since they cannot burn. Flip them over and once light golden on both sides remove from oven.
- Spread each tortilla with cream cheese mixture.
- Scatter sautéed apples onto cheese mixture.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and brush evenly on the surface of the tortillas. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and place not too close under the broiler.
- Once golden remove from the oven. Cut each in half and place on a plate.
- If desired, serve with candied pecans and or ice cream.