Apple Dump Cake
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour apple pie filling into 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter into sugar mixture and stir until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apple pie filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or Crème Chantilly.
To speed up the process even more, store-bought apple pie filling can be used instead of homemade, although we're always going to favor homemade.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.