Apple Ginger Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled, chopped apple
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 X 4-inch loaf pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together brown sugar, oil, eggs, milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until combined. It’s okay for some streaks of flour to remain.
- Gently stir in chopped apple.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until a skewer inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning bread onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.