- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with until combined. Batter will be lumpy. Add chopped apple and stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. Grease with butter or cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup batter to the hot pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and continue to cook for another minute.
Serve with butter and maple syrup.
This recipe was originally published in 1988 the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. IX.