Apple Pie Bombs
- 2 baking apples, cored and chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or apple pie spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury Homestyle Butter Tastin’ refrigerated biscuits
- In a large saucepan, add apples, 2 tablespoons butter, corn starch, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine and then slowly stir in water.
- Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit into a 4-inch round.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of apple filling in center of biscuit. Wrap dough around apple filling, pressing edges to seal.
- Place seam side down in prepared iron skillet, leaving a little room for spreading. Continue until all biscuits have been filled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Pour evenly on top of biscuits. Sprinkle top of biscuits with spiced sugar.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes and serve warm.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments