Apple Pie Cookie Cups
Apple Pie Filling
- 4 apples, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For apple pie filling, peel and chop apples. Pour lemon juice over apples and toss until coated.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and cook until melted.
- Stir chopped apples, cinnamon, nutmeg,1/3 cup water, and sugar with melted butter. Stir for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Pour mixture over apples and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and let apples cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter in an electric mixer. Mix in sugar and brown sugar and beat until creamy, 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla extract and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, salt, and corn starch.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until dough is formed.
- Coat muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball shape. Press dough into muffin cups. Press center of dough to form a cup shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, use back of a spoon to press center of each cookie cup to form a well.
- Let cookies completely cool before removing.
- Fill each cookie cup with apple pie mixture and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.