Apple Pie Oat Muffins
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup instant oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, large dice
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin tin with baking spray or paper liners. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugar, egg, butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. Add to mixer and stir on low speed until just combined. Fold in apples.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar for topping. Sprinkle onto each muffin. Bake at 350°F on middle rack for 35 minutes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments