Apricot Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup dried apricot pieces, chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter, cream cheese and sugars in a medium bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Stir in flour and baking soda on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Stir in apricot pieces until just mixed.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop onto prepared baking sheets. Cookies will spread. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.