Apricot Pecan Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg, vanilla extract and orange zest. Stir in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Fold in dried apricots and pecans.
- Transfer dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes in loaf pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.