Apricot Raisin Rugelach Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cold
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon (no white bitter pith)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces apricot jam, melted
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place flour in a food processor. Cut butter and cream cheese in tablespoon size chunks and add to flour. Add sugar, salt, lemon and vanilla extract.
- Pulse machine just until dough forms, do not overmix. Visible remaining small pieces of butter and cream cheese are desired and will contribute to flakiness.
- Divide dough in 4 equal pieces, shape into a round and press into 1 inch thickness. Place in refrigerator or freezer for about 45 minutes or until cold enough to roll.
- Meanwhile chop raisins into small pieces and melt apricot jam.
- Remove one round from refrigerator and roll dough into a 8 inch round dusting bottom and top very lightly with flour.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of apricot jam and raisins, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Cut into 12 strips using a knife. Roll dough from one end to the other.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until Rugelach is golden brown, about 18 minutes.