Arroz con Leche Cheesecake Bars
Arroz con Leche
- 1 cup rice, long grain
- 7 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Ground cinnamon & raisins to garnish
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat add rice, water, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until rice is tender about 15 minutes.
- Strain, discard cinnamon stick and return to saucepan to medium-high heat. Stir in evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and milk. Cook for an additional 15 minutes until arroz is thick.
- Remove from heat, stir in raisins and allow to cool. Arroz con leche can be made up to 3 days in advance. Store in the fridge.
- Prepare graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix melted butter, sugar and graham cracker crust. Press into bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 8 minutes; set aside to cool while making cheesecake filling.
- In stand mixer, cream sugar and sugar until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and lemon juice, scraping down sides as needed. Reduce speed, mix in sour cream.
- In a bowl whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Fold into cheese mixture. Spoon batter over cooled graham cracker crust. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- After 4 hours top with cooled arroz con leche and return to fridge. Refrigerate at least an hour or until ready to serve. When ready to serve garnish with cinnamon and additional raisins.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com