- 16 ounces bacon, cut into 1-inch sections
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and crisp. Stirring as necessary. Do this in batches if necessary. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon grease.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until softened. Add brown sugar. Mix to combine.
- Carefully add bourbon, which will deglaze skillet. Allow to reduce by half. Stirring as necessary.
- Add balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, and return bacon to skillet. Mix to combine. Continue cooking until mixture thickens.
- Refrigerate after opening and reheat before using.
Imperial Sugar Insight
TIP: Using a mandolin produces uniform slices.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments