Bailey’s Irish Creme Caramel Chunk Cookies
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Crème
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 ounces chopped dark chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup chopped caramel pieces
- Sea salt or fleur de sel for topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Once butter is slightly cooled, add butter to sugars and mix well. Add eggs, vanilla and Bailey’s to batter and mix thoroughly. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to batter, beating only until combined.
- Add chocolate and caramel pieces to batter, then place mixing bowl in refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 325°F while dough chills.
- Place balls of dough on prepared cookie sheet, leaving tops quite jagged so that cookies get nice surfaces. Sprinkle with sea salt or fleur de sel. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just golden brown, for best results.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.