Bailey's Cookie Cups
Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Chocolate Bailey's Filling
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Green, white and yellow sprinkles, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and salt. Beat until very well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cream of tartar together and add in one step to above. Mix until dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spray mini muffin tin with butter spray.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoon of chilled dough and roll into ball. Use thumbs to press ball into a bowl shape. Press cookie dough bowl into muffin pan. Continue until muffin pan is full.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Use back of spoon to make a well in dough and press dough back into a cup/bowl shape.
- Let cookie cups cool completely on wire rack before removing cookie from muffin tin.
- Prepare Chocolate Bailey's Filling - Add semi-sweet chocolate chips to medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat heavy cream in saucepan until very hot.
- Pour warm cream and Bailey's Irish Cream over chocolate chips and let it sit, undisturbed, for 2 minutes. Whisk together until chocolate is smooth.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove chocolate from fridge. Whisk in powdered sugar until stiff. Pipe or spoon filling into cooled cookie cups.
- Sprinkle with green, white and yellow sprinkles (optional).
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments