Baked Carrot Cake Doughnut
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a doughnut pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, honey, egg, oil and carrots. Pour the wet into the dry and mix until just combined. Spoon batter into doughnut pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool slightly and turn out of the pan to cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. Dip cooled doughnuts into glaze.