Baked Doughnuts with Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup (4.5 oz) all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces unsweetened nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 6-cup donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl whisk together egg, yogurt, oil, and lemon juice. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into the hole. Gently fold everything together until combined. The batter will be thick; do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into a piping bag or freezer bag and snip a bottom corner with scissors. Squeeze out batter evenly into prepared donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few moments and then flip over onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Add more sugar for thickness, more lemon juice for thinness. Dip the doughnuts in glaze and place on a lined baking sheet. Let stand until glaze has set before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.