Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, sugar and egg. Add dry ingredients, alternating with milk, whisking until smooth.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of way full. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The tops of the mini muffins will not brown, but they will still be cooked through.
- While mini muffins are still warm, quickly dip in butter and toss in the cinnamon sugar until coated. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.