- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour* + more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar + more for blind baking
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 tablespoons cold, unsalted European butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup unsalted European butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar (may use toasted sugar from blind baking)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry or blackberry jam
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pink gel paste food coloring
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Make tart first. With a fork, whisk egg yolk, and water together. Set aside. Place flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add butter, pulsing until dough resembles large crumbs and butter is mixed throughout.
- With processor on low, add in egg yolk mixture. Pulse a few more times as needed until dough comes together when pressed. Dump onto a work surface, form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll to line a 14 x 4-inch rectangular tart pan. (A 9-inch round tart pan may be substituted.) Trim edges.
- Press a sheet of foil into pan on top of dough. Pour granulated sugar into foil to hold in place (as you would pie weights or dried beans). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and sugar from pan, reserving sugar, and return tart to oven. Bake another 5 minutes. (Cool sugar and save for baking.)
- Let tart cool while preparing filling. Reduce oven to 350°F. Cream butter and sugar (toasted sugar from blind baking can be used here) together until light and fluffy. Mix in almond flour, scraping sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Beat in egg. Add flour, extracts, and salt, beating until incorporated.
- Spread jam into tart shell. Gently dollop filling over jam, spreading evenly with an offset spatula or back of spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, make icing. Whisk powdered sugar, water and almond extract together until smooth. Adjust sugar and water as needed to desired consistency. Remove 2 tablespoons to a small bowl and tint with food coloring. Spread white icing onto tart. Place pink icing in a piping bag or ziptop bag. Snip tip and pipe lines of pink across tart. Drag a toothpick back and forth through lines to marble. Serve. May be stored at room temperature or refrigerated.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.