Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl cream soft butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together. Mix well.
- Add egg and mix. Add mashed banana and banana extract. Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet.
- Press 5-6 chocolate chips into cookie dough rounds.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to rack to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments