Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon banana extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine sugar, bananas, butter, egg, and oil. Mix until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Whisk in milk and banana extract.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line large muffin pan with jumbo liners or spray with baking spray.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove and let muffins cool on a wire rack.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments