Banana Cream Pie Bars
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Banana Cream Filling
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 1/4 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnish Crème Chantilly
- Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine, wafer crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir until combined. Press evenly into bottom of 9x13-inch pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Prepare filling: In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and sugar. Whisk in melted butter and half and half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is the consistency of a thick pudding. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spread sliced bananas over crust. Pour custard over bananas, smoothing to cover. While still warm, gently press plastic wrap directly on surface of custard and chill until firm.
- Cut chilled dessert into squares. Top with creme Chantilly if desired, and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.