Banana Cream Pie Popsicles
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 large eggs, whisked together
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 10 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- In medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat on medium high heat while whisking occasionally about 2 minutes or until hot and foamy.
- Reduce to simmer, cook for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Don’t let bottom stick and burn. Remove from heat.
- Carefully remove 1/2 cup liquid from pan and slowly pour into whisked eggs while whisking to temper eggs.
- Whisk well and add egg mixture back to saucepan.
- Place back on heat and bring mixture to a boil, once at a boil, cook and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk in butter, banana extract and mashed bananas.
- Fold in thawed frozen whipped topping until smooth.
- Pour banana cream pie mixture into popsicle molds.
- Sprinkle bottoms of popsicles with crushed vanilla wafer cookies.
- Add popsicle sticks and freeze 8 hours or overnight until frozen.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.