Banana Nut Bread Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 beaten large egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Sliced bananas & maple syrup, optional for garnish
- For dusting Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and walnuts in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine mashed banana, beaten egg, buttermilk, and butter and then add to dry ingredients. Stir until barely mixed.
- Heat lightly greased griddle or skillet. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, drop onto hot, greased griddle, baking until top of pancake is covered with tiny bubbles.
- Flip and cook until lightly browned on underside. Stack with sliced bananas and serve with maple syrup or dust with powdered sugar.
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.