Banana Nut Muffins
- 3/4 cup oil such as grape seed, olive or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter and flour muffin tins or line with paper or silicone muffin cups. Set aside.
- Using a whisk, mix together oil and sugar. Add eggs, banana puree, and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir into above. Add walnuts.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and place in oven. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of batter. Bake until centers of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 20-24 minutes. Let sit in pan for 5 minutes before removing.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments