Banana Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ripe bananas, about 3- 4 large ones, mashed to a puree
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch tube or a bundt pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with banana puree.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Place in oven and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 90-120 minutes. Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing.