Banana Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ripe bananas, about 3- 4 large ones, mashed to a puree
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch tube or a bundt pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with banana puree.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Place in oven and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 90-120 minutes. Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
I loved it. The only adjustments I did:
- Cake Flour in place of All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups, white sugar
- 1 Teaspoon, ground nutmeg
I'll definitely make this again, looks very cute in my midevil castle cake-mold. ♡
I substitute half of the sugar with brown sugar for added flavor and softer texture. This is the only recipe I use for banana pound cake. I stopped making banana bread after I discovered this awesome recipe.
Being a lover of banana bread, I was very disappointed to find that there is hardly any banana flavor at all in this recipe.
I followed the recipe down to the T and my whole family absolutely loved it! I was super surprised as to how light and fluffy it all came out. I was a little scared as to over beat it but I guess I did just right. What came out was a beautifully fluffy inside and crispy crust on the outside. Just remember to watch your baking time. 90 minutes in my oven was to long mine needed about 65-70 minutes :-).