Banana Split Bars
- 36 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
Ice Cream Layers
- 1 1/2 cups softened vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups softened strawberry ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups softened chocolate ice cream
- 6 large bananas
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup pineapple ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 9 maraschino cherries
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with tin foil for easy removal.
- Mix together cookie crumbs, light brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Press wet crumbs into in even layer in bottom of pan.
- Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Spread softened vanilla ice cream in an even layer over crust.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes until firm.
- Spread softened strawberry ice cream over top then freeze for 20-30 minutes until firm.
- Spread chocolate ice cream over top and freeze until firm.
- Cut 3 bananas into slices and arrange them in a flat layer over chocolate ice cream.
- Spread about 2 cups whipped topping over top of bananas and freeze for one hour until firm.
- Before serving, drizzle strawberry, pineapple, and hot fudge sauce over top of whipped cream. Then sprinkle on chopped peanuts.
- Lift dessert out of pan using tin foil as handles then remove tin foil and set ice cream on a cutting board and cut into 9 squares.
- Scoop or pipe a dollop of whipped topping in center of each square and top that with a maraschino cherry and add some more banana slices before serving.
- You could also cut ice cream into squares and freeze squares then add toppings to each bar just before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.