Bananas Foster Cupcakes with Roasted Marshmallow Tops
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed
Filling and Icing
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Add flour, baking soda, and milk. Mixture will be a little dry. Add banana and mix until fully combined.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are baking, start making filling. Mix cream cheese and caramel sauce until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Put half of mixture into a piping bag. Add confectioners sugar to the remaining half, mix well to combine, and set aside. This will be the frosting.
- When cupcakes have cooled, use an apple corer to cut out a hole halfway into cupcake. Pipe filling from piping bag into openings. Frost tops with frosting mixture and top with marshmallows.
- Place cupcakes under broiler on HIGH on top rack until marshmallows are lightly toasted.
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Faith Watson who won First Place in the Favorite Cupcake category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.