- 1 1/2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 can (13.4 oz) dulce de leche
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Chocolate shavings (optional) for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed shortbread cookies, sugar, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Press shortbread cookie mixture into 9-inch pie plate.
- Use bottom of a glass or hard measuring cup to press crust evenly into pie shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, make whipped cream.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, combine whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk on medium speed for 7-9 minutes or until whipped cream is thick.
- Peel and slice two bananas. Lay banana slices over pie crust.
- Pour dulce de leche into bowl and heat for 1 minute until smooth. Pour and spread over banana slices.
- Peel and slice two more bananas. Lay banana slices over dulce de leche layer.
- Top banana layer with whipped topping. Add chocolate shavings to top of pie (optional).
- Chill for 2-3 hours
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.