- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chocolate chips
- 16 oz chocolate almond bark (or candy melts)
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies, split open with the cream scraped off, then cut in half (to resemble semicircles)
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Scrape sides of bowl, then add vanilla and powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- In a medium glass bowl, melt all milk, semisweet, and butterscotch chips in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir until smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture and beat on medium until combined. Refrigerate for about 3 hours until firm.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop chilled truffle mixture out of bowl and roll into balls. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Melt almond bark in a small bowl, then dip each truffle in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off before placing back on the baking sheet. Immediately add chocolate sprinkles before coating sets, then gently insert cookie halves (wings) into each side.
- Let truffles set until firm. Keep uneaten truffles stored in the refrigerator.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.