- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered cinnamon
- Whisk together pancake mix, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Fold in banana slices into batter a few at a time.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Spoon in a small amount of batter into oil. If it bubbles, oil is ready.
- Add battered banana slices into hot oil. Fry until golden, about 1 minute on each side.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil. Repeat with remaining banana slices.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Add warm fried banana slices and cover with cinnamon sugar.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.