Beer Batter Fried Peaches
- 1 cup beer (or milk), room temperature, cannot be cold
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 large egg whites, no yolk traces
- 5 medium-sized ripe peaches
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk beer, sugar, salt, vanilla, and oil together. Add yolks and yeast and whisk until yeast is dissolved.
- Add flour and mix until well combined. Cover with plastic food wrap and set aside in a warm place.
- After about 45 minutes to an hour heat frying oil to 350°F. Keep oil at this temperature during the frying process.
- Whip egg whites in a bowl to medium peaks and fold into risen batter.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pit. Cut each half into half and then each into about 5 wedges.
- Drop peach wedges into batter. Using metal tongs grab peach wedges out of batter and drop gently into oil.
- After about 45 seconds to a minute flip the peaches over to cook the other side.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve.