Beeville Honey Cakes
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cavity muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg until frothy. Beat in sugar and butter and mix together on a moderately high speed until well blended, fluffy, and pale yellow.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add to sour cream mixture. Mix by hand and blend well.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread honey topping over cakes and return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until topping is bubbling. Serve warm.
This recipe appeared originally in the 1978 edition of Texas Recipes from Texas Places Vol. II