Berries & Cream in Puff Pastry
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 egg yolks, whisked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 12 puff pastry shells, cooked and cooled
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a simmer. Gradually add the sugar mixture in to milk, whisking constantly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk in egg yolks, then cook, stirring, until slightly thicker, about 2 minutes more. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in butter.
- Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Add vanilla extract, cover tightly and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours.
- Fill puff pastry shells with pastry cream and top with strawberries. Serve immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments