Berry Peekaboo Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix flour and sugar together in a medium bowl. Add butter cubes and cut with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs. Press into bottom of pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread raspberry jam over cooled crust.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in coconut, baking powder, flour, vanilla, and almond extract. Spread evenly over raspberry jam.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe first appeared in the Imperial Sugar 125th Anniversary Cookbook.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments