Birthday Cake Parfaits
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup shortening
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 32 ounce bag Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra rainbow sprinkles for topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, mix together cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt.
- In bowl of a mixer, mix together egg whites, water and milk.
- Mix on low for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly add dry mix a little at a time. Mixing on low until everything is combined. Add sour cream and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- When cake is cool, crumble cake.
- For frosting, in bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and shortening. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar while mixing.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add in heavy cream, a few tablespoons at a time. Mix until combined and desired consistency is reached.
- For parfaits, using 5 or 8 ounce glasses, layer frosting and cake crumbs layers until finishing with a layer of frosting.
- Add sprinkles to top.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Note: For thicker frosting layers, double frosting recipe.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments