- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream lard, first cup sugar, anise, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Slowly add flour mixture and brandy and mix thoroughly until dough is stiff. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half and roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness on floured surface. Cut with cookie cutter and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottom of cookie is golden brown. Meanwhile, mix together second listed sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Drop baked cookies into sugar and cinnamon mixture and set aside to cool.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.