Biscoff Cookies (Speculoos Cookies)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Basic Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 jar Biscoff cookie spread
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare Biscoff style cookies and place dough in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix butter until creamy and smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and mix well between each.
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Add one third of flour and mix until combined. Add half of sour cream and mix until smooth. Add another one third of flour and mix smooth. Add sour cream and once combined add remaining flour.
- Place paper cups in a muffin tin and fill cups 3/4 full. Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile roll Biscoff dough 1/8 inch thick and cut rounds about 1 3/4 inches in diameter. Place on lightly buttered or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15-18 minutes.
- You will have leftover dough; however, dough freezes very well for up to 6 months. You can also finish rolling all dough. Baked cookies last for weeks when well wrapped. Wrap as soon as they are cooled.
- Place frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large pastry tip.
- Pipe a border on edge of each cupcake.
- Fill center with Biscoff cookie spread and top with a Biscoff cookie. Alternatively, crumble cookies over cupcakes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
If you're short on time, you can use store-bough Biscoff cookies; however we do highly recommend the homemade version.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments