Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Creme Chantilly, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, and brown sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add in melted butter and almond extract. Pour in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Using a fork or slotted spoon, separate cherries from pie filling. Discard unused filling.
- Stir separated cherries and chocolate chips into brownie batter.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
- Let brownies cool before cutting. Serve with dollop of Creme Chantilly, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.