Black Forest Torte
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3.4 oz instant pudding mix, vanilla flavored
- Sliced almonds
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease a 8-inch springform pan.
- Melt 3/4 cup of butter over medium-high heat. When butter is completely melted, remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, and cocoa powder.
- Mix in melted chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Make chocolate ganache by mixing together 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream with 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips over medium heat until smooth.
- Spread ganache on top of cooled cake in while still in pan.
- Use a fork to remove cherries out of pie filling and layer them over ganache. Set aside jelly-like remainder of filling.
- Make whipped cream topping by whisking together 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and instant pudding mix for 5 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer. Once stiff peaks form, spread whipped cream on top of cherry layer.
- Spread remaining cherry pie filling on top of whipped cream and garnish with sliced almonds, chocolate shavings, and miniature chocolate chips.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @somethingswanky.