Blackberry, Blueberry Orange Pudding Coupe
- 1 batch Ladyfingers, piped 4-inches long
- 8 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- Prepare ladyfingers and set aside.
- Measure frozen blueberries and then defrost. Place in a saucepan along with sugar and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- When cooled, place in a blender and puree until very smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup of blueberry puree in the refrigerator.
- To remaining blueberry puree, add zest of 1 orange (no white bitter pith) and juice. Add lemon juice. Set blueberry sauce aside.
- Cut off rounded ends of ladyfingers.
- Dip ladyfingers in blueberry sauce until completely moist and “stick” onto edge of the bowl. Continue with other ladyfingers making a tight band of ladyfingers.
- On bottom of bowl arrange a layer of ladyfingers and spoon generously with blueberry sauce. The ladyfingers need to be drenched.
- In a cold bowl whip cream and sugar on medium speed. Once cream starts to thicken add chilled 1/2 cup blueberry sauce and whip until cream holds its shape. Do not keep whipping or it will turn into blueberry butter!
- Spoon a layer of cream onto ladyfingers. Scatter some blackberries onto cream.
- Cover with another layer of ladyfingers soaked in blueberry sauce followed by cream and blackberries.
- Cover once again with a layer of soaked ladyfingers and follow with cream and blackberries.
- Place remaining cream in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe rosettes on surface.
- Decorate with remaining blackberries.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Store-bought ladyfingers can be used in lieu of homemade.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments