Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
Blackberry Cheesecake Filling
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon, no white bitter pith
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons blackberry fruit spread or jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine crushed graham crackers with sugar. Melt butter and mix in. Press well and evenly into prepared pan.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325°F.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar with a handheld spatula until combined. Add lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add one egg and when completely combined add next. Mix until well combined.
- Spread evenly onto crust.
- To create design as shown in photo, fit blackberry fruit spread into a piping bag fitted with a 1/8-inch plain piping tip or fit in a food storage bag and cut a small corner off.
- Pipe lines onto cheese mixture about 3/4 to 1-inch apart.
- From left to right, drag back of a knife through fruit spread. Now drag from right to left through fruit spread and repeat until entire surface is done.
- Place in oven for about 30 minutes or until center no longer trembles when pan is shaken.
- Once cooled place in fridge or freezer. Cut in desired size.