Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (6 oz package) blackberries
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare cheesecake filling: Cream together cream cheese and sugar. Lightly mash blackberries with fork and add blackberries to cream cheese mixture. Mix slightly. Set aside.
- Line a 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil with overlapping ends. This will make it easier to remove brownies later.
- In a large bowl, combine diced butter, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Microwave chocolate and butter mixture for 30 seconds. Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let chocolate mixture cool slightly. When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit but is still warm, stir in vanilla and salt.
- Next, stir in 2 eggs.
- Mix flour into batter until completely incorporated.
- Add 1/2 of brownie batter to 8x8-inch lined pan and spread evenly over bottom of pan. Add 1/2 of cream cheese mixture in dollops on top of brownie batter. Swirl with a knife.
- Cover cream cheese mixture with rest of brownie batter. Add reaminging cream cheese mixture in dollops on top of brownie batter. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is slightly dry, edges are firm and middle just slightly jiggly.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.