Blackberry Ginger Sauce Topped Pork Chops or Medallions
- 1 (6 oz) container fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 pork chops or pork loins
- Vegetables as desired
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan combine blackberries, sugar, ginger, and vinegar if using.
- Crush berries with a potato masher and bring to a boil. Simmer for approximately 7-10 minutes or until a sauce consistency has been obtained.
- Add honey if desired. (Honey will give the sauce a more brilliant sheen and slight honey flavor.)
- Cook pork and vegetables as desired and top cooked pork with sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.