Blackberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon flour (for berries)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss blackberries with flour, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth. Stir wet ingredients into dry until almost fully combined; do not over-mix. Fold blackberries in by hand.
- In a large bowl, stir granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, and lemon zest together. Add butter cubes and cut it in until mixture resembles a coarse crumb.
- Distribute batter to each muffin liner, filling 2/3 full and sprinkle crumble on top. Place muffins in oven and immediately turn down heat to 375°F degrees. Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan until completely cooled
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugarby Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.