- Zest from 4 lemons
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cups water, room temperature
- 2 cups water, cold
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- Lemon slices and blackberries for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, boil 2 cups of the water with sugar, stirring continuously until sugar dissolves.
- Add zest, lemon juice and the 2 cups of cold water. Let cool.
- In a blender, puree blackberries and stir into lemonade. Pour blackberry lemonade through a sieve into a pitcher and chill.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and blackberries.
Before cutting, allow lemons to warm to room temperature and gently roll them on the counter while applying gentle pressure.