Blackberry Lime Punch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 handful mint
- 8 cups club soda or sparkling water
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Mix together sugar and water. Add blackberries and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the syrup coats the back of a spoon.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the berries. Let the syrup cool.
- Strain and discard the berry puree. Store syrup in the fridge until ready to use.
- Fill a large pitcher with ice. Tear pieces of mint into the pitcher and use a wooden spoon to muddle the mint. Add blackberry syrup and then slowly mix in sparkling water or club soda. Lime or blackberry flavored sparkling water work great if you can find them.
- Serve over ice garnished with a spring of mint and fresh blackberries.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments